The role of national modules in the development of informational-retrieval language of database iSybislaw
Journal Ukrainian Language №1 (65) 2018
Doctor in Philology, Professor, Chief of the Department of Lexicology, Lexicography and Structural-Mathematical Linguistics, Institute of the Ukrainian Language of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
4 Hrushevskyi St., Kyiv 01001, Ukraine
Heading: Science chronicle
The role of national modules in the development of the iSybislaw (Database of World Slavic Linguistic Studies), which has the functions of information retrieval and research computer linguistic system is considered. Particular attention is paid to the prospects for the development of the Ukrainian module of this system, which the team of researches from the Institute of the Ukrainian Language of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine create since 2012. The approaches to solving problems of variability and synonymy of Ukrainian linguistic terms, their equivalence to terms in other Slavic languages in the language of keywords as information retrieval language of iSybislaw, the possibilities to optimize the search for information in the system and the formation of the computer thesaurus of modern linguistic terms are presented.
Comparison of the created Ukrainian module of iSybislaw with the basic vocabulary of Polish linguistic terms proves the necessity of finding criteria for the determination of equivalence between Ukrainian terms and other Slavic linguistic terms without distorting the real picture of their functioning in the Ukrainian scientific tradition. The interconnection of the iSybislaw system with other Slavic Internet resources will enable for its users to get acquainted with the wider and deeper time, genre and territorial perspective of studying particular Slavic language, as well as the state of Slavic studies in general in a certain national linguistic tradition.
Keywords: Slavic linguistic studies, Ukrainian linguistic studies, information retrieval language (ІRL), information retrieval thesaurus (ІRТ), term, variant, synonym.
- Boyarova, L.G. (2013). Variant terms in Ukrainian general lexicography: normative aspect. Terminological Bulletin. Issue 2 (1). Pp. 189 – 195. (In Ukr.)
- Vykhovanets, I.R. (2007). Disclaimer. Ukrainian language: Encyclopedia. Kyiv, S. 78 – 79. (In Ukr.)
- Vykhovanets, I.R. (2005). Studios about Ukrainian terms: terminological aspect. Ukrainian language. № 4. S. 3 – 7. (In Ukr.)
- Volkova, E. (2013). Problems of Belarusian linguistic terminology and the question of the matching of key words (linguistic terms) in iSybislaw. Slavia Orientalis. No. 62. S. 285 – 292.
- Gorda, O.M. (2016). Formation and development of word-formation terminology in the Galician school grammar of the Ukrainian language (second half of the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries): author’s abstract. dis … Candidate filol sciences Lviv, 20 p. (In Ukr.)
- Horpinich, V.O. (2004). Morphology of the Ukrainian language. Kyiv, 335 p. (In Ukr.)
- Karpilovskaya, E.A. (2017). Cognitive and functional potential of linguistic terms-co-agents. Terminological Bulletin. Issue 4. P. 236 – 244. (In Ukr.)
- Karpilovskaya, E.A. (2014). The role of terms-indirect nominations in the thesaurus of the information retrieval system of Slavic linguistics. Studia z Filologii Polskiej i Słowiańskiej. T. 49. P. 150 – 163. URL: https://doi.org/10.11649/sfps.2014.017
- Klimenko, N.F. (2008). Differential and integration processes in the vocabulary and word formation of modern Ukrainian language. Dynamics and stability of lexical and word-building systems of Slavic languages. Kyiv, p. 68 – 98. (In Ukr.)
- Kovalik, I.I. (2007). “Word-building” or “word-making”? Ivan Kovalyk. Word Creation Doctrine: Selected Works. Ivano-Frankivsk – Lviv, Ch.I., S. 358. (In Ukr.)
- Kovalsky, P., Banasyak, I. (2017). Key words and equivalence classes in the system iSybislaw as an instrument and subject of research. Ukrainian language. Number 4. P.14 – 26. (In Ukr.)
- Kochan, I. (2004). Dynamics and codification of terms with international components in the modern Ukrainian language. Lviv, 519 p. (In Ukr.)
- Linguistic portal mova.info. URL: www.mova.info
- Pivtorak, H.P. (2007). Infinitive, undefined form of the verb. Ukrainian language: Encyclopedia. Kyiv, P. 236 – 237. (In Ukr.)
- Romanyuk, Yu.V. (2014). Ukrainian author’s terminology in the iSybislaw system (verb). Studia z Filologii Polskiej i Słowiańskiej. T. 49. P. 245 – 258. URL: https://doi.org/10.11649/sfps.2014.017
- Russian-Ukrainian dictionaries. URL: www.r2u.org.ua
- Rudnik-Karvatova, Z.E. (2016). Organizing terminology for the needs of iSybislaw’s information and retrieval system. Ukrainian language. No. 3. P. 105 – 117. (In Ukr.)
- Ukrainian spelling. (1928). Kharkiv, 100 p. (In Ukr.)
- Chernobrov, Yu.A. (2017). Formation of syntactic terminology in Ukrainian linguistics XIX – the first half of the twentieth century. Author’s abstract. dis … Candidate filol sciences. Kyiv, 20 p. (In Ukr.)
- Yaroshevich, I.A. (2008). Ukrainian morphological terminology of the XX – early XXI centuries: author’s abstract. dis … Candidate filol sciences Kyiv, 22 p. (In Ukr.)
- Bojar, B., Rudnik-Karwatowa, Z. (1998). The concept of a modern Slavic information system. Linguistics. Works for the Twelfth International Congress of Slavists in Krakow 1998. Warsaw, S. 42 – 49. From Polish Slavic Studies. Series 9.
- Ostapczuk, O. (2007). Information and search language and the problem of equivalence of key words in Slavic linguistics. Issues of Scientific Information. № 2. С. 54 – 63. URL: http://bbc.uw.edu.pl/dlibra/doccontent? id = 1795
- Rudnik-Karwatowa, Z., Karpińska, H. (1999). Dictionary of key words in Slavic linguistics. Warsaw, 109 s.
- Rudnik-Karwatowa, Z., Karpińska, H. (2006). Dictionary of key words of Slavic linguistics. Warsaw. (Іn Polish)