The achievements of academic structural and mathematical linguistics in the modelling of Ukrainian word
Journal Ukrainian Language №1 (69) 2019
UDC 811.161.2’42: 004
Doctor in Philology, Professor, Chief of the Department of Lexicology, Lexicography and Structural-Mathematical Linguistics, Institute of the Ukrainian Language of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
4 Hrushevskyi St., Kyiv 01001, Ukraine
Abstract: Achievements of Ukrainian academic structural and mathematical linguistics in the modelling of the formal-semantic structure and the functioning of the Ukrainian word are considered in this article. Particular attention is paid to the studies of the first scientific center in this area of research in Ukrainian academic linguistics – Department of structural and mathematical linguistics of the O.O. Potebnya Institute of Linguistics at the Academy of Sciences of the UkrSSR (now – group in the department of lexicology, lexicography and structural and mathematical linguistics of the Institute of Ukrainian Language of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine). The development of research on modelling of various types of the structures of the Ukrainian word is studied: graphemic, syllabic, morphemic, and word-formative. The role of computer morphemic-word-formative fund of the Ukrainian language in the Institute of Ukrainian language of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine in determining the laws of the structure of the Ukrainian word is emphasized. This fund is a linguistic computer system with informative-reference, research and teaching functions. A special information retrieval system for working with the fund enables the obtaining of information about separate word as well as about its components and word complexes.
Keywords: system of language, structure of language, structural linguistics, mathematical linguistics, computational linguistics, model of word.
- Gridneva, L. (1973). Distribution of graphemes and generation of syllable in the Modern Ukrainian language. Author’s abstract. dis… Candidate philol. sciences. Kiev (in Rus.).
- Gryaznukhina, T.O., Klymenko, N.F., Komarova, L.I., Muravycka, M.P., Peshchak, M.M. (1979). Morphemic structure of word. Kyiv (іn Ukr.).
- Zaplatkina, N.I. (1975). Graphemic structure of monosyllabic words in Slavonic languages (Russian, Ukrainian, Byelorussian, Bulgarian, Serbian, Czech, Slovak and Polish). Author’s abstract. dis … Candidate philol. sciences. Kiev (in Rus.).
- Ingve, V. (1965). Hypothesis of depth. New in linguistics, 4, 126 –138 (іn Rus.).
- Karaulov, Iu.N. (1981). Linguistic construction and thesaurus of literary language. Moscow (іn Rus.).
- Karpilovska, Ie.A. (2006). Introduction to Applied Linguistics: Computational Linguistics. Donetsk (іn Ukr.).
- Karpilovska, Ie.A. (1990). Construction of complex derivative units. Kyiv (іn Ukr.).
- Karpilovska, Ie.A. (1992). Morphemic net as the instrument for study of word structure. Ukrainian linguistics, 19, 100 – 110 (іn Ukr.).
- Karpilovska, Ie.A. (1999). Suffixal sybsystem of Modern Ukrainian Literary language: structure and realization. Kyiv (іn Ukr.).
- Karpilovska, Ie.A., Karpilovskyi, V.S. (1986). Automatization of new linguistic objects construction. Linguistics, 6, 63 – 67 (іn Ukr.).
- Klymenko, N.F. (1995). Morphemic structure as a unit of typological description of languages. Languages of European cultural area: Development and interaction, 199 – 215. Kyiv (іn Ukr.).
- Klymenko, N.F. (1998). Foundations of morphemics of Modern Ukrainian language. Kyiv (іn Ukr.).
- Klymenko, N.F. (2014). About unused possibilities of Ukrainian word-formation. N.F.Klymenko. Selected works, 526 – 534. Kyiv (іn Ukr.).
- Klymenko, N.F. (1973). System of Affixal word-formation of Modern Ukrainian Language. Kyiv (іn Ukr.).
- Klymenko, N.F. (2005). Structural-Mathematical Linguistics. O.O.Potebnya Institute of Linguistics of NAS of the Ukraine – 75, 1930 – 2005: Materials for history, 297 – 314. Kyiv (іn Ukr.).
- Klymenko, N.F., Karpilovska, Ie.A. (1998). Morphemics of Slavonic languages as an object for typological study. Linguistics, 2 – 3, 117 – 133. Kyiv (іn Ukr.).
- Klymenko, N.F., Karpilovska, Ie.A. (1991). Morphemic structures of words in Modern Ukrainian Literary language. Linguistics, 4, 10 – 21. Kyiv (іn Ukr.).
- Klymenko, N.F., Karpilovska, Ie.A., Komarova, L.I. and others. (1990). Morphemic-word-derivative fund of the Ukrainian language as research and informative-reference system. Linguistic, 6, 41 – 50. Kyiv (іn Ukr.).
- Kovalyk, I.I. (2007). Semantic function of root in the word-formative family of words. Ivan Kovalyk. Doctrine of word-formation. Selected works, 326 – 346. Ivano-Frankivsk – Lviv (іn Ukr.).
- Perebejnos, V.I., Gryaznukhina, T.A., Darchuk, N.P. and others (1989). Morphological analysis of scientific text on the computer. Kyiv (іn Rus.).
- Perebejnos, V.I. (1962). Role of models in the separation of meanings of polisemantic verb. Author’s abstract. dis … Candidate philol. sciences. Moscow (іn Rus.).
- Statistical parameters of styles. (1967). Kyiv (іn Ukr.).
- Shaumyan, S.K., Soboleva, P.A. (1968). Foundations of generative grammar of Russian language: Introduction into genotypic structures. Moscow (іn Rus.).
- Klymenko, N., Karpilovs’ka, E. (1994). Computer Morpheme-Word-Formative Database of the Ukrainian Language and Its Applications. Journal of Quantitative Linguistics, 1, 2, 113 – 131. Lisse.
- Menzerath, P. (1954). Die Architektonik des deutschen Phonetische Studien, 3, 131. Bonn.