Electronic lexical card index: the ways of creation the toolkit of the modern lexicographer
Journal Ukrainian Language – №2 (70) 2019
PhD in Philology, senior Researcher of the Department of Lexicology, Lexicography and Structural-mathematical Linguistics, Institute of the Ukrainian Language of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
4 Hrushevskyi St., Kyiv 01001, Ukraine
Abstract: The article describes the principles of creation of the Electronic lexical card index (ELCI) as an automated place of the modern lexicographer. ELCI is an open and dynamic computer linguistic system designed for accumulation, arrangement, lexicographic multi-parameter description and storage of lexical-illustrative material as the basis for the creation of dictionaries of a new generation of different types, general explanatory and aspect, industry, terminology. The service is aimed at fulfilling the fundamental lexicographic tasks and with the development will become an information, reference, research, educational and editorial and publishing lexicographic system. The units of the ELCI structure are the electronic lexical card index and the base of the linguistic sources; units of content – word or phrase. The parallel formation of the electronic base of primary and secondary linguistic sources, the text array of the new electronic file system, will facilitate the functioning of the ELCI as a dynamic computer linguistic system. The introduction of paper lexical card indexs as independent modules, the replenishment of the system with a new language material with its periodization, the subsequent modification of both the system and the lexicographic parameters of the processing of text arrays for it may be a prerequisite for the work of the next time, and the subject of careful diachronic study and use for instilling the identity of the Ukrainian thinking and Ukrainian lexicographic tradition, its continuity and, at the same time, dynamism, will provide reliable theoretical and practical basement Ukrainian dictionaries us to the conclusion of a new generation, creation of new grammar and authentic renewal and improvement of Ukrainian spelling, preserve its full functioning as the Ukrainian state language in circumstances more intense globalization.
Keywords: ukrainian lexicography, dictionary, lexical index, electronic lexical card index, card, linguistic source.
- 1. Blinova,I. (1981). About the subject of linguistic source studies. Languages and toponymy of Altai. P. 83 – 89. Barnaul (in Rus.).
- Galas, B.K. (2014). Important lexicographic experience of A. Krymsky. Modern problems of linguistics and literary criticism, 19, 28 – 35 (in Ukr.).
- Galas, B.K. (2008). To the characteristics of the sources of the handwritten Ukrainian-Russian dictionary M.O. Rubeursky Modern problems of linguistics and literary criticism, 12, 112 – 115 (in Ukr.).
- Hnatyuk, I.S. (2015). Ways of forming the source base of the explanatory lexicography of modern Ukrainian literary language. Lexicographic bulletin. Collection of scientific works, 24, 9 – 14. Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Hnatyuk, I.S. (2005). Lexical card index Institute of Linguistics named after. O.O. Potebni NAS of Ukraine – 75, 1930 – 2005: Materials to the history. P. 329 – 337. Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Golovashchuk, S.I. (1974 ). A.Yu. Krymsky as a lexicographer. A.Yu. Krymsky – Ukrainian and Orientalist. Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Goretsky, P.Y. (1963 ). History of Ukrainian lexicography. Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Hrytsenko, P.Yu. (2007). Idiotlet and text. Linguistic: object – style, purpose – assessment. Collection of scientific works. P. 16 – 43. Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Darchuk, N.P. (2013). Computer Annotation of Ukrainian Text: Results and Prospects. Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Demska-Kulchytska, O.M., Perevozchikova, O.L., Sichkarenko, V.O. (2002). Development of lexical card index of the Ukrainian language. Scientific notes of NaUKMA. Vol. 19 – 20. Computer Science. P. 40 – 48 (in Ukr.).
- Kazymyrova,A. (2014). Historical Terminography in the Context of Linguistic Source. Studies Language and Culture, 17, II (170), 265 – 272 (in Ukr.).
- Karpilovska, Iе.A. (2006). Introduction to Applied Linguistics: Computer Linguistics. Textbook. Donetsk (in Ukr.).
- Karpilovska, Iе.A. (2015). Lexical card index and body as tools of lexicographic modeling of the word. Lexicographic bulletin. Collection of scientific works, 24, 15 – 22. Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Casares, X. (1958). Introduction to modern lexicography. Moscow (in Rus.).
- Kotkov,I. (1964). About the subject of linguistic source studies. Source study and the history of the Russian language. P. 5. Moscow (in Rus.).
- Levchenko,P. (1968). Ukrainian lexical card index. Linguistics, 4, 37 – 42 (in Ukr.).
- Lexicographic Bulletin. (1951 – 1963). Collection of scientific works, 1 – 9. Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Landau Sidney, (2012). Dictionaries: Art and Craft of Lexicography. Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Moskalenko, A.A. (1961). Essay on the history of Ukrainian lexicography. Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Nerovnya,M. (2004). To the 85th anniversary of the lexical card index. Lexicographic Bulletin: Collection of Scientific Papers, 10, 12 – 18. Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Palamarchuk, L.S. (1978). Ukrainian Soviet lexicography (questions of history, theory and practice). Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Perebyinis,I., Sorokin, V.M. (2009). Traditional and computer lexicography. Teaching manual. Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Pylynsky,M. (1962). From the history of the development of Ukrainian lexicography (Some attention to the sources and the register of “Dictionary of the Ukrainian language”, edited by B. Grinchenko). Studies in linguistics. P. 3 – 30. Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Pylynsky, M.M. (1976). Language norm and style. Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Pozdran, Yu.V. (2018). “Russian-Ukrainian dictionary” edited by A.Yu. Krymsky and S.O. Efremov in the historical-linguistic context. Vinnytsya (in Ukr.).
- Poluga,M. (2003). Structure and functions of vocabulary articles in lexicon of different types. Ukrainian historical and dialectal vocabulary. Collection of scientific works,3, 16 – 23. Lviv (in Ukr.).
- 27. Prospectus of the Explanatory Dictionary of the Ukrainian Language. (1958). Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Prospectus of the Explanatory Dictionary of the Ukrainian Language. Completed by the experience of stacking and editing the first volumes. (1967). Linguistics, 3 (in Ukr.).
- Working instructions for writing materials for lexical files of the Institute of Linguistics them O.O. Potebnya. (2016). Lexicographic Bulletin. Collection of scientific works, 25, 71 – 84. Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Russian-Ukrainian Academic Dictionary (1924 – 1933). Vol. I – III. Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Dictionary of the Ukrainian language (1907 – 1909). Vol. I – IV. Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Wordwork. URL: http://slovotvir.org.ua (Accessed 23.12.2018) (in Ukr.).
- Dictionary of the Ukrainian language in 11 volumes. (1970 – 1980). Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Dictionary Ukrainian-Russian. (1927). Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Starko, V.F. (2011). Problem of authority of bilingual dictionaries. Ukrainian lexicography in the general context: theory, practice, typology Larissa Grigorievna Skrypnyk, Materials of the International Scientific Conference, devoted to the memory of L.G. Skrypnyk (1921 – 2004). P. 315 – 322. Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Tyshchenko, O.M. (2016). Archival card index as a lexical and illustrative base of the Russian-Ukrainian dictionary, ed. A.Yu. Krymsky and S.O. Efremov. I. Lexical card index: history of creation and repression. Ukrainian language, 2, 44 – 71 (in Ukr.).
- Tyshchenko, O.M. (2016). Archival card index as a lexical and illustrative base of the Russian-Ukrainian dictionary, ed. A.Yu. Krymsky and S.O. Efremov. II. Lexical card index: Micro- and macrostructure of archival card indexes. Ukrainian language, 3, 57 – 78 (in Ukr.).
- Tyshchenko, O.M. (2016). Archival Cards: Looking for vocabulary materials of the fourth volume of the “Russian-Ukrainian Dictionary” for ed. A.Yu. Crimean and S.O. Efremov. Lexicographic bulletin. Collection of scientific works,25, 40 – 51. Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- 39. Tyshchenko,M. (2018). System “Archiv Card index of the Ukrainian language” as a research corps. Abstracts of the International Scientific and Applied Conference “Corpus linguistics: development of technologies of the new generation”. Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Tyshchenko, O.M. (2007). The language of the Internet communication in the National Сorpora of the Ukrainian language. Linguistic style: object – style, purpose – assessment. Collection of scientific works devoted. 70th anniversary of the birth of prof. S.Ya. Yermolenko. P. 362 – 367. Kyiv (in Ukr.).