Journal Ukrainian Language – №4 (72) 2019
Doctor of Philology, Docent of Department of Ukrainian Language and Applied Linguistics, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
64/13 Volodymyrska St., Kyiv 01601, Ukraine
Abstract: The article is devoted to the consideration of the means of expressing the elements of the sens structure of the Gramma books of Lawrentii Zizanii (1596) and Meletii Smotrytskyi (1619).
In elucidating scientific text generation resources of that time, the author uses findings and achievements obtained by modern functional-stylistic, text-linguistic and communicative-functional studies in the field of scientific text that center upon its meangful structure. She also demonstrates the notion of scientific text informativeness as manifested by technical words, or terminologye, distinguished by means of glosses, etymological and hypo-/hyperonymic definitions. Also, she traces the formation of means of explication of obligatory categoris of Old Ukrainian scientific text, such as marcers of prospection and retrcerospection, text segmentation etc. as well as showing processes of development of standard language, codification, and individuation in scientific text production field.
The author argues that, with respect to the explication of difference between new and previous knowledge, designation of methods, and coherence, the texts she analizes are a fuzzy set. She proposes a typology of scientific texts based on the opposition between nuclear and peripheral text types correlated with religious / profane discourse.
The gramma texbook of Lawrentii Zyzanii has an incomplete meangful structure, tends to scholastic tracts with collapsed subtexts of old knowledge and limited markers of intertextuality. Renaissance trends should be associated with the expression of subtexts of authorization, methodological, and the glorification of cognition.
Much more textualization is used in Meletii Smotrytskyi’s grammar; here are the elements of the subtext of the new knowledge (personal contribution); instead of a dialogical presentation, the author applies other, more promising methodical methods of porting, segmenting material and addressing.
Keywords: history of Ukrainian Language, history of Ukrainian Linguistics, scientific discourse / text, meangful structure of scientific text, Laurentii Zyzanii, Meletii Smotrytskyi.
- ГЗ – Lawrentiі Zizaniі. (2000). Grammar. Grammars of Lawrentiі Zizaniі and Meletiі Smotrytskyі. State, sub. text, scientific commentary and indexes E.A. Kuzminova; past E.A. Kuzminova, M.L. P. 29 – 113. Moscow (in Rus.).
- ГСм – Meletiі Smotritskyі. (2000). Slovenian grammars correct Syntagma. Grammars of Lawrentiі Zizaniі and Meletiі Smotrytskyі. State, sub. text, scientific commentary and indexes E.A. Kuzminova; past E.A. Kuzminova, M.L. P. 129 – 470. Moscow (in Rus.).
- Vizgin, V.P. (2003). Religion – science – esoteric tradition: inversion of relation. Philosophy of Science in the Historical Context: Sat. Art. in honor of the 85th anniversary of N.F. Ovchinnikov. P. 13 – 46. St. Petersburg (in Rus.).
- Vozniak, M. (1911). Grammar of Lawrentii Zyzanii since 1596. Lviv (in Ukr.).
- Zhilson, E. (1992). Reason and Revelation in the Middle Ages. Theology in the culture of the Middle Ages. P. 5 – 48. Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Zakharyin, D.S. (1995). European Scientific Methods in the Tradition of Ancient Russian Grammar of the 15th – Mid-18th Centuries: Abstract. diss. … Cand. philol. Sciences. 21 p. Moscow (in Rus.).
- Zubov, M.I. (2004). Linguistics of Medieval Slavic Teachings Against Paganism. Odessa (in Ukr.).
- Kasavin, I.T. (2008). Text. Discourse. Context. Introduction to the social epistemology of language. Moscow (in Rus.).
- Kotyurova, M.P., Bazhenova, E.A. (2008). Scientific Speech Culture: Text and its Editing. Moscow (in Rus.).
- Kraliuk, P.M. (2007). Meletii Smotrytsky and the Ukrainian Spiritual and Cultural Revival of the End of the 16th – the beginning of the 17th Centuries. Ostroh (in Ukr.).
- Krymsky, S.B., Popovich, M.V. (1983). Ways of formation of new knowledge in modern science. Kyiv (in Rus.).
- Kuzminova, E.A., Remneva, M.L. (2000). Foreword. Grammars of Lawrentiy Zizaniy and Meletiy Smotrytsky. State, sub. text, scientific commentary and indexes E.A. Kuzminova; past E.A. Kuzminova, M.L.Remneva. P. 3 – 24. Moscow (in Rus.).
- Mechkovskaya, N.B. (1998). Language and religion. Moscow (in Rus.).
- Naienko, H.M. (2013). Scientific text of the Middle Ukrainian period in linguostylistic, textolinguistic and communicative-functional coverage. Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Naienko, H.M. (2014). Structural-semantic and functional parameters of the old Ukrainian scientific text: author. Dis. … Doctor Philol. Sciences. 34 p. Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Nimchuk, V.V. (1979). The grammar of M. Smotrytsky is a pearl of ancient linguistics. Slovenian grammar grammar is correct. Ewe, 1619. Prep. to print and introduction. Art. V.V. Nimchuk. (Monuments of the Ukrainian language). Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Nimchuk, V.V. (1985). Linguistics in Ukraine in the XIV – XVII centuries. Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Panofsky E. (1992). Gothic architecture and scholasticism. Theology in the culture of the Middle Ages. P. 49 – 78. Kyiv (in Rus.).
- Peleshenko, Yu.V. (2004). Late Middle Ages Ukrainian Literature (second half of XIII – XV centuries): Sources. The genre system. Spiritual intentions. Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Peshchak, M.M. (1994). The development of ancient Ukrainian and Old Ukrainian scientific text. Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Ryabtseva, N.K. (2005). Language and natural intelligence. Moscow (in Rus.).
- Stepin, V.S., Kuznetsova, L.F. (1994). Scientific picture of the world in the culture of technogenic civilization. Moscow (in Rus.).
- Khomutova, T.N. (2010). Scientific text: an integrated approach. Chelyabinsk (in Rus.).
- Chernyavskaya, V.E. (2011). Communication in science: normative and deviant. Linguistic and socio-cultural analysis. Moscow (in Rus.).