Journal Ukrainian Language №4 (64) 2017
Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences, docent, pro-rector for scientific work of Kherson State University, Professor of the Department of Slavic Phiology, Honored Worker of Science and Technology of Ukraine
36003, Ukraine, Kherson, 27 Universytetska st.
Abstract: The article investigates the normative functioning of term phrases work with text and work on text in the linguistic didactic discourse.
Component analysis allowed us to determine a semantic organization of terms work with text and work on text on the basis of a complex analysis of scientific sources and lexicographic works. It is proved that terms work with text and work on text in Ukrainian linguistic didactic science denote different methodical concepts. Work with text in the meaning of a methodical technique involves the implementation of mental actions on a certain didactic material. It means comprehension and analysis of the text. Work on the text is a productive activity based on the creation (composition, writing, modeling, etc.) of a speech utterance. Such constructions are structurally incomplete, but they are complete semantically. In the absence of a lexically expressed deverbative, the semantic load falls on a semantically and structurally obligatory object with the meaning of the object of an action.
Using the method of generalization and quantitative calculations, it is determined that the Ukrainian linguistic didactic scientists, as well as language teachers, use various preposition and substantive forms to indicate a methodical technique based on text analysis. The grammatical peculiarities of the foreign correspondences of the Ukrainian preposition and substantive form ‘with text’ in English, German, Polish, Byelorussian and Russian languages are clarified.
In the English scientific linguistic didactic literature the phrase work with text is mainly used in the meaning of “text analysis”. At the same time, the phrase work on text in the meaning of “work on the creation (writing) of the text” also occurs in the English language. The grammatical construction Arbeit mit Texten is common in the German scientific language. Modern Polish linguistic didactics fixes the term-phrase praca z tekstem in the sense of an analytical kind of activity on the basis of the text. The preposition and substantive word form with the preposition з is also fixed in the modern Byelorussian language, as evidenced by the titles of scientific studies in the Byelorussian language methodology. Researchers do not distinguish between terms работа с текстом and работа над текстом in the Russian methodical science. They use these term phrases unsystematically.
Keywords: term phrase, preposition and substantive word form, semantic and syntactic relations.
- Aharodnikava,S.V., Petrykevich, K.U. (2015). Aspects of working on a professional text with students of economic high schools: a program of the Belarusian language course in economic high schools. Vitebsk (in Bel.). URL: https://lib.vsu.by/xmlui/bitstream/handle/123456789/6995/%D0%90%D0%B3%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B4 % D0% BD% D1% 96% D0% BA% D0% B0% D0% B2% D0% B0% 20% D0% A1.% D0% 92.% 2C% 20% D0% 9F% D0% B5% D1 % 82% D1% 80% D1% 8B% D0% BA% D0% B5% D0% B2% D1% 96% D1% 87% 20% D0% 9A.% D0% A3..pdf? Sequence = 1 & isAllowed = y
- Babenko, O.A. (2010). Formation of intonation skills of high school students as a means of creating verbal expressions: author. diss. … Cand. ped. Sciences: 13.00.02. 23 Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Barysenka, V.U. (2016). Belarusian Language and Culture: Working with Text in Classes. Language, 26, 151 – 155. URL: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Mova_2016_26_30.
- Bozhko, O.P. (2017). Formation of text-forming skills of elementary school students in the process of studying the syntax of a complex sentence: dis. … Cand. ped. Sciences: 13.00.02. 283 Kherson (in Ukr.).
- Hohol, N.V. (2004). Forming aesthetic evaluation of a work of art in reading lessons by junior students: author. diss. … Cand. ped. Sciences: 13.00.02. 20 Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Hrona, N.V. (2018). The system of preparation of students of pedagogical college for formation at the younger schoolboys of text-making skills: diss. … Dr. Ped. Sciences: 13.00.02. 491 Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Zaiets, V.H. (2013). Linguistic and Methodical Principles of Ukrainian Language Teaching for Grades 8 – 9 Students with Advanced Text-Based Content Study: Abstract. diss. … Cand. ped. Sciences: 13.00.02. 20 Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Isupova, S.M. (2013). Work on text while teaching Russian as a non-native language. Philological Sciences. Questions of theory and practice, 5 (1), 65 – 67. Tambov (in Rus.).
- Krasney, V., Laurel, Ya. (2017). Belarusian language. Complete school course. Theory. Minsk (in Bel.).
- Vashulenko, M.S. (Ed.). (2011). Methods of teaching Ukrainian in primary school: teaching method. manual Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Samatyia, I.M. (2006). Working with text as a form of control over the Belarusian language. Methodological and methodological aspects of language and literature teaching at school and university: Coll. of sciences. 5. P. 63 – 68. Minsk (in Bel.). URL: http://elib.bsu.by/handle/ 123456789/56650.
- Surmin, Yu.P. (2008). Scientific texts: specificity, preparation and presentation: teaching method. tool. Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Yakuba, S.M. Comprehensive work with text on lessons of generalization and systematization of knowledge in word formation. URL: https://www.bsu.by/Cache/pdf/184933.pdf.
- Ahrens-Drath, R. (2009). Der Umgang mit Texten im Grundschulunterricht. Wiesbaden (in Germ.). URL: https://kultusministerium.hessen.de/sites/default/ files/media/der_umgang_mit_texten_im_grundschulunterricht.pdf
- Długosz, , Orzech, E. (1991). Materiały do pracy z tekstem literackim w klasach początkowych. Pod red. nauk. A. Meissnera. Rzeszów (in Pol.).
- Cain, M. (1980). Texts and the foreign language teacher: some reflections on aims. Revue ATEE Journal. № 3 (in Eng.).
- Jakowicka, M. (1981). Praca z tekstem w klasach początkowych. Zbiorcza Szkoła Gminna. № 5 (in Pol.).
- Jašová, M. (2009). Arbeit mit literarischen Texten im DaF Unterricht am Beispiel eines Textes von Christine Nöstlinger. Brünn (in Germ.).
- Lenartowska, (1982). Świętek W. Praca z tekstem w klasach 1 – 3. Warszawa (in Pol.).
- Mickan, P. (2015). Text-Based Teaching: Theory and Practice. URL: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/265011929_Text-Based_Teaching _Theory_ and_Practice.
- Rainer, E. (2014). Wicke, Werkzeuge zur Arbeit mit literarischen Texten. München (in Germ.).
- Szczepańska, M. (1987). Praca z tekstem literackim w klasach I – III. Życie Szkoły. № 4 (in Pol.).
- Wojszwiłło, M. (1987). Praca z tekstem wierszowym. Życie Szkoły. № 7 – 8 (in Pol.).
- Chodkiewicz H. Krzemińska-Adamek M., Steinbrich P. (Е). (2016). Working with Text and Around Text in Foreign Language Environments. Springer.
- Bahmut, I.V. (2012). Working on text and working with text while learning a language. Scientific journal of the National Pedagogical University named after M.P. Drahomanov. Series 10: Problems of Grammar and Lexicology of the Ukrainian Language. 9. P. 176 – 179 (in Ukr.).
- Vikhovanets, I., Horodenska, K. (2004). Theoretical morphology of the Ukrainian language. Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Holub, N.B. (2009). Theoretical and methodological foundations of teaching rhetoric in higher educational institutions: diss. … Dr. Ped. Sciences: 13.00.02. 505 Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Lvov, M.R. (1988). Dictionary-dictionary on the methodology of the Russian language: textbook. help for students. ped. inst. Moscow (in Rus.).
- Pentyliuk, E. (Ed.). (2011). Workshop on the methodology of teaching the Ukrainian language in secondary schools: module course: a manual for students. Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Pentyliuk, M., Horoshkina, O., Mordovtseva, N., Nikitina, A., Popova L. (2015). Dictionary of Ukrainian Linguistics Guide: Tutorial. tool. Kyiv (in Ukr.).
- Zahnitko, A.P., Danyliuk. I.H, Sytar, H.V., Shchukina, I.A. (2007). Dictionary of Ukrainian prepositions. Modern Ukrainian. Donetsk (in Ukr.).
- Dictionary of the Ukrainian language: in 11 vol. (1974). Vol. 5. Kyiv (in Ukr.). URL: sum.in.ua.
- Dictionary of the Ukrainian language: in 11 vol. (1979). Vol. 10. Kyiv (in Ukr.). URL: sum.in.ua.